August 29, 2020
Photos by Leslie Hollingsworth
The Proposal: One weekend in Auburn when Drew was in town visiting, we started our Saturday morning with Drew “spontaneously” (at least I thought) asking me to take our dog, Remmy, hiking on a trial at Lake Martin. Throughout our relationship when the topic of a proposal had come up, Drew knew that I wanted it to be just the two of us with no photographer whenever the time would come. On the hike, once we made it to the overlook, Drew got down on one knee and proposed! It was so “us.” That night we got to celebrate with friends and family back in Auburn.
The Wedding Dress: I had already found what I thought was “the dress” with my mom. My sister, Sally Grace, was not able to attend that certain day, so I knew that I could not make the final decision without her approval. When she came home for Christmas break, we went back to The White Room so I could try it on for her. I told her if there was anything she wanted me to try on that I had not already, I would. She picked out one dress she wanted me to try on… let’s just say sisters ALWAYS know best!
Favorite Moment: There were many things that we really enjoyed, but we both absolutely loved the trolley. It was so fun for everyone to be together between the different venues and events throughout the day. Our driver was so chill and added such an ease to our fun experience.
Favorite Details: Remmy, our dog has been a big part of our relationship for quite some time. The day would not have been the same without having her be a part. My absolute favorite pictures from the day are the ones we have with her.
- Ceremony Venue: Hunter Street Baptist Church
- Reception Venue: Vestavia Country Club
- Wedding Planner: Becky Dedge, Seamless Weddings and Events
- Florist: Cindy Vetrano
- Caterer: Vestavia Country Club
- Cake: Magic Muffin
- Videographer: Chace Strickland
- Invitations: Annabelle’s
- Wedding Dress: The White Room
Bridesmaid Dresses: Dessy
- Hair & Makeup: Perfectly Undone Beauty (Lynsey Richardson) and Glow App (Yazmin Reyes Cavale and Isabel Estes)
- Groom/Groomsmen Attire: Mr Burch Formal Wear
- Music: Groove Factor
- Transportation: Rare Transportation
- Live Painter: Gin Jager Studio
- Calligraphist: Marsha Lassiter Calligraphy & MG Calligraphy and Design
- Reception Seating and Bars: Décor to Adore